Membership with CBRA
Membership Services and Benefits
A membership with the California Biomedical Research Organization provides critical regulatory compliance guidance, security support, and training for your research program now, and public outreach and legislative advocacy for the future health of your organization.
- SERVES as the primary voice for the pre-clinical biomedical research community within California, Nevada, and the greater western region.
- ADVOCATES on behalf of biomedical research at the local, state, and federal levels.
- PROVIDES guidance, insight, and support on issues of federal regulatory compliance and on local and state ordinances, laws, and regulations.
- INTERACTS with federal agencies on regulatory, licensing, granting, post-approval compliance, and enforcement issues.
- CONDUCTS professional development programs, IACUC training, regulatory and compliance webinars, and presents employee training programs on-site at member facilities.
- FACILITATES the creation of research divisions, including support in obtaining federal and state licensing and permits and the creation of an IACUC and training programs, and provides support and guidance in maintaining and/or gaining accreditation.
- MONITORS animal extremist and research opposition groups and activities.
- ACTS as a liaison for member facilities with law enforcement in their area, and at the state and federal levels.
- ASSISTS member facilities in preparing facility statements, press releases, and briefings for the media, and in responding to accusation, harassment, and attack from extremists.
- PROMOTES the responsible use of animals in medical research.
- CONDUCTS public outreach detailing the process of biomedical research and scientific discovery and the connection between basic and pre-clinical research, laboratory animal models, and progress in medicine and human and animal health.
- SUPPORTS the pipeline for biomedical and biotechnology by supporting and implementing K-12 programs that foster early interest in the life-sciences and encourage careers in research.
CBRA Membership Cycle and Fees
CBRA’s membership year runs July–June and membership dues are on a sliding-scale, depending on category of membership, and based on:
- number of employees
- annual research budgets
- sponsored research
- organizational budget